Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Catch Up


Bummer. Can't seem to find my camera. I think it's in a location in which I am not. Go figure.

We had a great weekend. Saturday I cooked and prepped all morning for a meet & greet for the local LGBT community at our house. It was a lot of fun, with lots of yummy treats. I'll get the photos up soon.

I made:

Cheddar Rosemary Crackers

Pigs-in-a-Blanket

Cheesy Sausage Balls

Hummus

Turtle Cheesecake Dip

Pumpkin Pudding


We were also treated to some warm spinach artichoke dip and warm taco dip.

Sunday was for the most part, a day of rest, with the main adventure being the shopping for groceries for Thanksgiving Dinner.

I spent some time going over all the recipes and figuring out what we needed versus what we had in the pantry. Thank god I keep a stocked pantry, or I would have been out a few hundred extra! That being said, I managed to keep the bill below $200 for a five-course French dinner. Two ingredients along were over $50. Damn French with their highfalutin tastes! But I'm so frakkin' excited!!!!

Tonight I start the cooking and prep work. Stay tuned for more adventures.

No comments: