Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Finally

This summer was crappy in the garden. 1) We didn't grow any vegetables. We made the decision not to after the massive failures last year. 2) But I did try my hand at some basil, in addition to my rosemary. Someone--THING--had a field day with the basil and at most I had a small handful here and there. Not enough to do much with.

So I sucked it up and bought basil. Finally, I was able to make a batch of pesto! This was a good batch...

The true Green Goddess sauce!

Tossed with some fresh fettucine and some quickly seared chicken breasts, a perfect fast meal. The only downside, I underestimated the salt in the parm and over salted the pesto. That's ok, I like salt...but this was a touch much!

In other great news, the fridge is here and working. I went grocery shopping yesterday to start restocking...spent a hefty sum of money, but at least half of the cash went to replacing goods we had to toss and restocking the freezer. I did manage to rake in over $40 in savings with my Giant card! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

DancerInDC said...

I'm also grateful the fridge is working, because I was able to take the leftovers from this meal to have for lunch today!

Life is back to normal.

Unknown said...

Hooray for the new fridge!