Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cinnamony Goodness

I'll get you a recipe later, but this was nice. Crispy Crusted French Toast. The standard French toast we grew up with, enhanced with some smashed up Anna cookies. I used the Almond Cinnamon variety. Very tasty. With the syrup and butter I felt I was eating a big, sticky, gooey Cinnabun! Awesome.

UPDATE WITH RECIPE
Get your custard ready, 3 eggs and 2/3 cup of heavy cream, 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 TB sugar; whisk together.

Crunch your cookies. I used 1/2 a pack of Almond Cinnamon Anna Cookies from Ikea. Smash the cookies up into tiny little bits. I put the cookies in a baggie and used a meat tenderizer until they were pulverized. Pour out onto a plate.

Pre-heat your skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 2 TB butter until it's sizzling.

Dip a piece of bread in the egg mixture until coated. Place on the cookie crumbs, flip to coat both sides. Place in the hot pan and cook until golden brown on one side, flip and cook the other side. If they toasts are browning too much, too fast, turn the heat down.

Serve HOT with butter and your favorite syrup.

4 comments:

The Kara said...

You're killing me with this - I love French toast. Actually that kind of special crunch makes me wonder... they do (or used to) these chicken fingers at Planet Hollywood (hey, there's one next to my office). They are breaded with crushed up Captain Crunch cereal. I wonder if it's possible to combine the Cap'n with French Toast... hmmm.

ScottE. said...

Totally!

Anonymous said...

I've done it with cornflakes to much success. My boyfriend wants to try Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal french toast...which might actually open up a black hole if tried!

ScottE. said...

Cinnamon Toast Crunch...sounds naughty.

I think you could do this with just about any of your favorite cereal...with some being extra special and nice.