Tuesday, January 15, 2008

salad days

Last night I made a version of the Millionaire Chicken Salad I've made once before. The MCS should be made with a napa cabbage, but the last few times I"ve been to my store they haven't carried the napa cabbage. So last night I threw together this "temple food" salad with a bag of shredded cabbage. Tossed in some thin sliced carrots and bell peppers, poached chicken and the dressing. Done and done. It was good. It wasn't great, but it was good and filling. The dressing is tasty and could be used as a sauce for some grilled chicken, rice and steamed veg for a healthy meal.



I wasn't having the best of evenings, so it was just icing on the cake when I was serving the salad and the spoons slipped and sent sloppy cabbage all over the counter and floor. Nice. Here's hoping today is a better day.

No comments: