Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hot Packets! 2

It's been a year since I made the Tex-Mex Hot Packets. Those were good. This variation was alright. I tried to make these in a way that would mimic a favorite sandwich.


Tonight's Hot Packet variation is: Chicken & Cheddar with apples and red onions.


At the Footnotes Cafe in Olsson's Bookstore downtown, you can order an Edgar Allen Poe...Chicken (or turkey--can't remember) with cheddar, apples and red onions on a crusty baguette. YUM. This was alright...but nothing spectacular. I don't care for the apples...once cooked, they loose too much structure. The poppin' fresh dough doesn't have much structure either. Too buttery and flaky. Good try this time.

3 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

A touch salty, but I like the combo of chicken, apples and cheddar.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm good idea...

S - don't ever ever take down your blog...I would die without it. The archived recipes are awesome.

ScottE. said...

Thanks for the great comment. I don't have plans anytime soon to close the doors.