Thursday, October 18, 2007

Chicken in Indian Butter Sauce

Tonight I made Butter Chicken.

Indian Butter Chicken is very easy to make and very satisfying.

The sauce going for a swirl with cream.


Served on rice I flavored with garam masala spices. Delish!


The recipe for the sauce makes three cups. For tonight, for the two of us, I used 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. The remainder went into the deep freeze for a later date. I suspect I can take it out of the freezer the night before/morning of, let it thaw and heat over a very low simmer before adding the chicken.

6 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

This has become one of my favorite dishes. Luscious and creamy.

Winnie said...

Where did you buy garam masala? Did you get it whole or already in a powder?

This looks so good; I want to try it next week!

ScottE. said...

I"ve bought my garam masala (ground/powderedP at Giant. My current brand I mail order.

Stef said...

Oh, this looks delicious! I feel an Indian food craving coming on!

Barbara said...

I love butter chicken but have never made it at home. You've inspired me to give it a try.

ScottE. said...

Very easy! As I mentioned in the original post, if you don't have a blender or food processor, make it rustic by finely chopping the veg...I'm sure it will be just as delicious.