Monday, May 07, 2007

I never promised you an herb garden

This was a very busy weekend. No cooking. Sorry.

But I did get a bunch of little baby herbs. Looking forward to reaping their rewards as the spring and summer months progress. We have three types of basil. Rosemary. Thyme. Two types of sage and Greek Oregano. And some flowers! Our little apartment balcony will be our own secret garden. Hopefully in the next day or so, they will be transplated to their new containers.

But I need you help!?!?!!! One of the sage plants. I've never seen or tasted or used it before and it's no basic sage. Pineapple Sage! The scent from the leaves really is pineapple. It's surprising really. The normally heady, light pine scent is replaced by a light, sweet pineapple aroma! It's exciting, but what should I do with it??? Let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...Pineapple sage. Sounds good. Have you tasted it yet? I am sure if you do a search you can find some tips.

Anyway, I am well, Scott. I moved into the district recently. Very exciting.

I have been cooking a lot (of course). I will have to invite you over. But we do need to have another dinner out.

Glad you are still vibrant.

Namaste.

The Kara said...

Part of me wants to say pineapple sage with pork... the other white meat with some flava.