Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hot Potato Hot Potato

I had a message yesterday from a friend that her pal is opening a new cafe in DC and having been to the original cafe in Annapolis, I WAS THRILLED!

Potato Valley Cafe
614 E Street NW
Washington, DC

Opening Mid-late October 2006!

Around the corner from the Shakespeare Theatre Company (check out An Enemy of the People, it's pretty good) and the Verizon Center (they need to change their URL address).

A few years back, I went to the PVC in Annapolis with Ms. Becca and Lady B. The menu had about 25 different baked potato entrees. Potatoes topped with everything from salads, veg and chicken to the old school favorites of butter and sour cream. I don't remember exactly what I had, but the things I remember most was, a) the potato was cooked perfectly and b) it was topped with this amazing little onion crispy things. WOW!

The Annapolis location.

Another Blogger's comments on the new location.

See you soon at Potato Valley Cafe DC!

3 comments:

Bek said...

Watch out, DC! Potato Valley Cafe has expertly turned the preparation and presentation of the baked potato in to an art form.

Stop on in and say "Hey, Girl!" to Anna, the restaurant's General Manager. She's the nicest darn thing you'll ever meet (and I'm not just saying that because she's my dear friend and I'm a former employee of the Annapolis location). :)

Dancer in DC said...

I can hardly wait. I STILL haven't been to the one in Annapolist. :(

Stef said...

It sounds so tasty! I love me a good baked potato. And I'm thrilled to have a new lunch destination in the neighborhood!