Friday, June 16, 2006

Ouch!

Good morning friends. It's been a "A Week." Things started out great and lovely and wonderful. Then I had one of those moments...it happens every few months...I was sitting in a training session for work and when I got up to leave...SNAP...my back just completely and utter became useless! AND WAS IT PAINFUL. So needless to say, I spent Tuesday and Wednesday laying on my back instead of cooking for us all! Still made it to work and what a joke that was...the first day my co-workers would laugh each time I gimped by. Well, as of yesterday the pain was mostly gone and I was comfortable enough to head to Giant after work for dinner.

All that said, I still didn't do too much cooking last night. I went to a favorite from when I was growing up. A simple dinner mom would throw together. Kielbasa with potatoes and corn. Mmmmmm!


For the two of us, I had a package of kielbasa, sliced up, one large baking potato cut to a medium dice, 1/2 an onion diced and corn. The potatoes were particularly good this time around. I sauted the onions solo with a dab of olive oil until they were golden, then set aside. Another dab of olive oil, potatoes, salt. pepper and paprika...let that go for awhile until done. Incorporate the onions. YUM. The sausage, just slice and cookin a hot pan with a touch of olive oil until crisp and golden.




Alright kittens, I'm packing my bag and heading to the beach for the weekend. I'll be back Sunday and hope to get good posts up next week! Have a safe and lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Lady Brandenburg said...

This is on the menu for us tonight! Josh bought a kielbasa yesterday (he calls it summer sausage) - it's a good quick/easy dinner for sure.

HAVE FUN at the beach!

ScottE. said...

veeeerrrrry interesting!! the WI version of summer sausage is more of a cured meat product we have with crackers & cheese. we used to call the kielbasa a 'ring bologna.' silly regional differences!