Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Bourbon!

(not my picture, taken by a co-worker)

This weekend a few of my co-workers and I hosted a BYOB/potluck party, prior to the Oscars. It was a great time. We had all sorts of amazing food. I made cassoulet and French bread. Both were scrumptious. One co-worker brought a pre-mixed cocktail. It was DEVILISH! You gotta try it. Be careful, it will knock your socks off! The "shake with cracked ice" is a vital part of the recipe, without it, you will be drinking nearly straight up booze!


Frisco Sour

1.5 oz bourbon
.25 oz benedictine
.75 oz lemon juice
.5 oz simple syrup
1 dash orange juice (.125 oz)

Shake with cracked ice, garnish with a cherry.


2 comments:

joyous said...

You drank it all before I could have some! You may need to make this for me.

Unknown said...

Quantities for 6 cocktails (more or less):
Simple Syrup, 1/3 cup
Lemon Juice, 1/2 cup (2 large lemons +/-)
Benedictine, 3 TB
Bourbon, 1 cup + 2 TB
OJ, 3 TB

--Scotte