Wednesday, May 06, 2009

So.Cal. Girls Enjoy Indian Butter Chicken!

Miss Mia participated in the latest Cooking Without Borders event and made Indian Butter Chicken for her and Miss Becca. It was a hit!! Thanks for sharing your feedback and photos.


From Mia:

I pretty much followed the recipe as it is, but did do the deglazing with the chicken broth. I used a larger jalapeno and am glad I did.

This was very yummy and I will definitely make it again. I will make more sauce so I can freeze some, too.

So, the pairings were interesting because it was whatever I had in the house. The sauvignon blanc (Brancott, Marlborough, NZ, 2007) was mellowed by the food and tasted more like a Riesling. The Tecate was nice and the pinot noir (Clos du Bois, 2006) and the sauce “finished together” which made it fun. It really played off of the cilantro, too.

The dish was very yummy the next day and was enjoyed with that nice, cold Corona on a beautiful day.

I forgot to mention the champagne! That paired the best of them all, actually!
THANKS for playing and thanks for sharing!!!

1 comment:

Mia said...

Looking forward to the next one. Sorry the photos aren't that great -- I had to use my phone's camera.