Thursday, April 02, 2009

Take a Leek

Last night's dinner was so easy! SO EASY. And fast. I think dinner took 15 minutes to make.

Chicken with Leeks

You start with some chicken. I did a quick dredge in some seasoned flour for flavor and to help the final sauce have some body. After the first side of the chicken cooked in some butter until is was golden brown, I flipped the chicken topped with two large leeks which had been sliced and washed. After about two minutes, I poured in some white wine, covered and simmered for about five minutes. The chicken was cooked through at this point, so while I waited for my rice to finish cooking, I turned the heat to low and took cover off. This let the wine reduce lightly.

Served on a bed of white rice. Wonderful.

This is a version of a Rachel Ray recipe we've made a ton of times before. But I like this version a little more. I think the butter and the flour-dredged chicken enhance the final flavor. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

This is so easy *I* could make it.

Mia said...

I'll give this new and improved version a whirl.