Monday, April 06, 2009

Long Beautiful Hair

We had a spontaneous trip to New York on Saturday to see HAIR, enjoy some food and drink and spend some time with a friend. HAIR was amazing. So was the food and drink.


We started our dining adventures at 5 Napkin Burger. I had this beer and it was tasty!

After the beer, we ordered a plate of Pork Taquitos that were mighty tasty. The pork tasted almost exactly like my slow braised pork I use for tacos and enchiladas! Sorry. I just realized I never did the post for the braised pork...and I don't think I have the recipe to share...I'll see what I can find...I'm probably more bummed than you, gentle readers. I have to recreate something I have no notes on!!!

Then there was the burger. First note. If you normally eat a burger cooked medium, you might ask that it go to medium-well. The medium was a bit more rare than I would enjoy. That being said, I still ate the whole dang thing and had no regrets. The fries were great as well. Thin and crispy and extra salty.

5 Napkin Burger
630 9th Avenue
(corner of 45th & 9th)
New York, NY
212.757.2277

UPDATE: 4/10/09
5 Napkin Burger was voted The Best New Burger by Time Out New York.
That pretty much rocks.


That was lunch.

Then we saw HAIR. I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats! We then hung out at some hotel's lounge/bar, which was great. Very relaxing and inebriating.

After the lounge, we had dinner.

We'd been to Bond 45 before. I had the lasagna last time and again this time. The recipe seemed to change, but it was still very tasty.

But the main reason we went to Bond 45 was for the profiteroles.

We ate them all!

Bond 45
154 W 45 Street
New York, NY
212.869.4545


After dinner we made our way to Heaven & Hell, a bar we've spent some time at as well. As with last time, we had a blast! After a few hours our one day adventure in New York came to an end. We slept, got up and came home. I'm looking for information on the bar. Google isn't providing me with the address or web...I'll get it...

2 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

I can't find their own website, but you can find the place by searching for "44 1/2 NYC."

Dancer in DC said...

Update - the address for that place is:

626 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10036
212-399-4450

You can find them on OpenTable.com.