Monday, April 13, 2009

Haming It Up 4 Easter

Here are some photos from our Easter Dinner.


I made a Caramelized Onion Marmalade to accompany the ham. It's very tasty and simple to make. The onions start like this and end up looking like a little pot of jam.


Here's my finished ham. I like calling this my Cherry Coke Ham. The first half of the cooking is done in cola. The second half of the cooking happens with a Cherry-Orange Juice glaze. Very tasty. I couldn't stop eating the ham. It was my Easter Crack!


To pair with the ham I have my Rosemary Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes. Rich & delicious. Perfect.

The recipes for the onion marmalade, glazed ham and potatoes can all be found here.


With all the rich foods, we needed something light, crisp and with enough clear flavors to cut the fat of the ham and cream of the potatoes. The Orange Fennel Salad does the trick.


And of course we had some lovely flowers from the garden. They certainly brightened up the room and offered up some lovely fragrance. Check them out here.

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

A bunch of favorites all in one meal - very satisfying!