Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fennel Orange Salad

Tonight we're having "Wild Rice" Soup. I wanted something else to go with it, but didn't want to do too much. So we decided it was a good time to try this. Not that they really go together, but hey, why not!

Fennel Orange Salad from Everyday Food

Serves 4

2 medium fennel bulbs (8 ounces each), quartered, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise
5 oranges
2/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons slivered pitted black olives
1 teaspoon olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Using a paring knife, remove the peel and pith of the oranges. Separate oranges into segments over a large bowl (to catch the juices), then add segments to bowl.

2. Add fennel, parsley, olives, oil; season with salt and pepper. Gently toss, and serve.


I don't like olives, so I'm skipping them. Since we're trying this for the first time, I'm going with one fennel bulb and maybe two oranges, I'll play that part by ear.


1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

This was light, fresh, and tasty. I thought it was a nice mix of sweet and salty.