Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Republic

My long national nightmare is over...ok, that's overly dramatic. One of my largest, most important special events of the year is over and I'm so excited and happy. The results were wonderful. That being said, I apologize for being off the grid for a bit. I'm back. By this weekend, I should be back into full swing in the kitchen. In the meantime I want to share something I find exciting.

Sauvignon Republic winery is committed to being THE experts in Sauvignon Blanc wines, produced around the world. It looks like they are currently producing from four locations around the world, including my favorite SB region, New Zealand.

I have to give props to any winery that is doing what they can to raise the profile of Sauvignon Blanc!

I was reading at the Slashfood blog about a wine tasting conducted by the writer, tasting three of the four regional SBs. As far as I know, there is no other wine producer in the world that is making wine with grapes from specific locations, from around the world. My feeling is this will truly give you a chance to taste how the same grape, from different locations, supposedly produced and processed in the same way in each location, can taste very different. That excites me!

If anyone has seen Sauvignon Republic wines in the Washington, DC/Maryland/Virginia area, I'd love to hear from you. I'm certainly going to be keeping my eyes open!

No comments: