Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Welcome to February

Welcome to February everyone. I hope the month started well for you all.

I was living the bachelor life for the weekend while J-lo was visiting family, so I didn't do much of anything. I roasted some garlic to make up a batch of hummus and the always killer "Over The Rainbow Mac & Cheese" for little Anna's 2nd birthday party. The hummus was tasty and the mac & cheese...well...it was pretty redonk.

Outside of that I had take-out pizza and granola and oatmeal and apples and peanut butter and chips. NICE!

Last night was a freezer raid dinner. I thawed out a previous batch of sauce for Indian Butter Chicken and some chicken thighs. I seared the chicken for a quick bit in a large pot. I removed the chicken and removed the chicken skin. I poured in the thawed sauce and brought it to a very low simmer. The chicken went into the sauce. There wasn't enough sauce to cover the chicken so I added a little chicken broth to cover. I covered the pot and put it in a 350 degree oven for an hour. If you've been following what I've been doing a lot of, this is a braise. Slow, gently cooking in a wet environment.

I love making the butter chicken sauce and freezing it for moments exactly like this. 5-10 minutes of work and a succulent and delicious dinner! So easy.


Not a great picture...but one hour after cooking, the chicken was tender, juicy and full of the great flavors of the sauce. Nice dinner.

No comments: