Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Meal

Start with the recipe for Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops!


Get your 'crust' ready. Bread crumbs. Parmesan. Some herbs if you like. Salt & Pepper.


The perfect side dish for this recipe is creamy mashed potatoes. But to really make it perfect, make some crispy shallots and crispy garlic to sprinkle on top of the taters. A side benefit. When you are making them crispy in the oil, they flavor the oil a little bit, so you have flavored oil for the chops!


Coat your jobs and then fry for about 4-6 minutes per side over medium-heat. Don't let the heat get to hot of you can burn the chops before they are cooked through.


Serve. OMG. So good. I love this dinner...I ate like an elephant and had seconds...I really didn't need seconds.


And another photo...why not?!!!!

3 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

What's great about this is the crispy crust on those pork chops. It contrasts nicely with the soft mashed taters!

Jack said...

Ahhh, now I am hungry for pork chops. This sounds really good. Although, I would suggest a green veggie as well, perhaps some steamed broccoli.

ScottE. said...

THere was a plan for veggies, but I forgot about them in my excitment for mashed potatoes...either carrots or green beans. You know Broccoli doesn't make a regular appearance at our house...it's had ONE appearance on this blog in three+ years...