A few weekends ago (2?) we went to Lord & Lady B's for a gathering with some friends. We had a great time and great food. Lord & Lady B served some grilled shrimp that were really great. A recipe that came from Lady B's Uncle Jay*.
*which might be a Williams Sonoma recipe?
Here's the recipes:
3 TB olive oil
2 TB tomato paste
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. A whisk helps to blend the ingredients quickly.
* Add the shrimp and mix until the shrimp are completely coated.
* Put a covering on the bowl and refrigerate for about an hour before you intend to grill.
* Thread the shrimp on skewers. If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water first so that they do not burn.
* Grill 6-10 minutes turning two - three times or until the shrimp are pink all over.