Sunday, July 27, 2008

Officially Back

Kind of sucks having to be back home after vacation. I've been exhausted, jet-lagged; but completely refreshed and happy.


Somewhere between Earth and Space.

A great restaurant in the Hillcrest neighborhood of San Diego. We had a great time and really enjoyed our server, Mandy. She embraced my mistake and didn't laugh at me, but with me when I said "69 the Okra." I meant "86 the Okra." Instead we 69'd it. Good times.

DISH
1220 University Avenue
San Diego, CA
www.dishhillcrest.com


I was enjoying our table.

I ordered the fancy fried chicken. Tender, juicy and pretty tasty. The sauce was a honey mustard bourbon sauce? Maybe? I can't remember exactly. Good. I also ordered the mac n' cheese with bacon and roasted garlic. Nice!

J-lo ordered the beef. The beef was "terrorized." Mandy explained that was the flavor/spice blend. So the beef wasn't haunted and hunted, it was just flavored. You can see some of the 69'd okra on the plate. The beef was great, but the terrorizing seasoning didn't really work for us, with the beef. Maybe better with a chicken or pork. The beef should have just had salt and pepper and been better.


Much like a yeti or Loch Ness, this is a sight unseen until this point. I have never been golfing before...real, adult golf. I'm great on the putt-putt course, but this...well, Tiger has nothing to worry about.

Oh my! My balls!

Odd. Someone stuck a branch in the top of the sign. Cuz that's so West Coast.


To Recap:
We ate really great food.
Drank lots of wonderful wine.
Lounged and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
Beautiful friends.


Done!

Footnote: We went back to Olivetto and totally indulged! Perfect. Two visits, Lots of money and probably close to four bottles of wine! Can't wait to go back. Someday. Ordered gnocchi with a light tomato sauce...wonderful!

2 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

Definitely good times at both Dish and Olivetto.

The good word is that Olivetto is going to start allowing you to bring in wine with a modest corkage fee ($10?). A good idea might be to go, buy a bottle there, and bring a couple with you. Then you can have a ball, but not break the bank. :)

Stef said...

Sounds like you had fun! But now we're glad you're back home, where you can keep better track of your balls. ;-)