Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Grilled Corn

Fresh grilled corn from the Market.


Perhaps one of the best ways to have fresh corn. Grilled Corn on the Cob! So beautiful. Touch of a smoke. Touch of char on the kernels. Perfect. I've always soaked my fresh corn in a sink full of water for one hour. This always extra water to get into the corn husks creating extra steam when on a hot grill. Cook over hot coals for about 14 minutes, 7 minutes, then flip. Enjoy.

If you are without a grill, you can roast your corn in the oven. Preheat your oven to 450. Soak the corn in water first, then place right on the oven rack. Give the corn about twenty minutes. The husks should be drying out. Hard for me describe when the corn is done. Open the husk a little an give a kernel a prick. If it's still really tough, close it back up and go another ten minutes. If the kernel is just tender, it's done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My super wonderful and amazing fiance has recently introduced me to corn done this way; we've had it twice in a week! Great stuff!! I'll have to share with him your oven trick so we can have it sometime when its raining to hard to grill.