Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fast, Full of Flavor and Great

Not much to look at, but this was a great dinner the other night. Again, a variation of a recipe from Everyday Food, but with many more changes to the original recipe.


Toss some peppers, onions and corn olive oil, then roast in the oven. I seasoned with salt, pepper, a little garlic powder and cumin.


After the veg has some time in the oven, I added some tomatoes.


Meanwhile I poached some chicken, cut it up and prepped some tortillas. The original recipe called for corn tortillas...I had a pack of flour tortillas, so I used those. Brush with a little oil, cook in the oven for a few minutes until they start to crisp and puff. Top with some shredded cheese, the cook until melted. Top with chopped chicken...


...then top with the roasted veg. I tossed the veg one final time with a squeeze of lime juice. Garnish with some cilantro. Fresh, filling and full of lots of flavor.

You can find the original recipe HERE. I was a little skeptical of roasting salsa with the veg, so I had intended to just make my own salsa and add it on the top. Instead, I just added the tomatoes. I think it worked well. In essence we have an open faced quesadilla...the possibilities are endless...

No comments: