Tuesday, March 04, 2008

You surprised...? More bacon!

Dinner...Start with sauteed pork chops!
Make a smothering accompaniment. Onions, Apples, Cider. Stir in crispy bacon bits at the end.

Top the pork chops!

And my new range...it's nice...but I have to watch so I don't hit my head on the hood. And the actual space is a little smaller, than I had, but so far I haven't had much of a problem.

* Start by cutting four bacon slices into small pieces. Fry until crispy. Pour off the fat and reserve. Put two tablespoons of fat back into pan and saute pork chops until browned and delicious.

*Add one medium yellow onion, sliced. Saute for a minute until they begin to become transluscent and start to carmelize. Season with salt and pepper.

*Add 1/2 an apple, cut into slices or small diced. Saute just until they become tart.

*Add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, a few dashes of Worchestshire sauce and 1 tsp of grainy mustard. Stir to incorporate. Add 1/4 cup hard cider. Simmer until reduced.

*Stir the bacon bits into the onions and apples. Spoon on top of the pork chops. Delish.

No comments: