Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This Shit Is Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I had a FAIL in the kitchen tonight. I made this soup, Chicken Coconut Soup. The last time I made it, it was great. Wonderful. But tonight...BIT-TER! I couldn't do it...the pot went down the drain...Sad. I know why...I think...I couldn't get kafir lime leaves, so I used lime peel...and it was overcooked...extracting every ounce of bitterness from the pith. Dang! DONE. OVER. Moving on. Grilled Cheese for dinner.


On Tuesday night, I baked...Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip! Chewy, filling and delicious. I'll get the recipe up in a few days.


Then tonight when I was putting my produce away, the pears slipped out of my hand and flew into the bananas, which in turn flew to the other side of the house, splitting out of their skins...so I had three opened, over-ripe bananas that needed something done to them...so Banana Tea Bread. Warm and wonderful. This recipe will come through in a few days as well.

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

Yummy sweetness!

And the bread is of course good for you, because it has fruit in it!