Sunday, November 04, 2007

Poor Man's Lasagna

I'm calling this my Poor Man's Lasagna, and it couldn't be simpler to prepare.

Brown 1/2 lb of sausage in large skillet.

When brown, add 1 TB Italian Seasoning, stir to incorporate.

Pour in 1 small 8 oz can of tomato sauce and 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes.

Season with Salt & Pepper.

Simmer for 20 minutes.

Stir sauce into about a 1/2 pound of cooked, shapely pasta.

Stir about 1/2 cup of Parmigiana Reggiano. Pour the whole mix into a medium sized baking dish.

Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler in your oven for no more than 6 minutes...until golden and bubbly.

Serve hot!

So good. I had two full servings. The recipe makes about six servings. Love it. This recipe takes a fraction of the time of actual lasagna and only some of the ingredients. I know this isn't a layered pasta dish, but it sure has the great flavors. Comforting and delicious.

2 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

I love lasagna, but I also love the quick meal. Filling and satisfying, it's warm comfort on a cold night.

Stef said...

That looks deelish, and it does sound super-easy. I'll have to keep that in mind this winter.

I actually cooked tonight! I made a sorta garden veggie/chicken stew, over egg noodles. Gotta love the crock pot!