Thursday, August 02, 2007

Lazy

I've been a little lazy...not totally and completely, really just when it comes to doing new posts here. Part of it is the summer. Part is I need a vacation. The other part is attributed to being slightly less inspired than I have been previous. Oh well, I'll keep trucking forward, but maybe at a slightly slower pace for the next month or so????



In the meantime, I got up at 5:30 am on Tuesday to make a triple batch of scones for a little work celebration. I took the base recipe from the ginger scone recipe and made some slight changes. One batch was ginger...still my favorite. Another was maple nut. Pretty good. Very dry. I tried to include some oatmeal. Will try it again, but perhaps some more butter or cream? The other variation was chocolate chip. I was really excited to try them, but when all was said and done I, ME, I, was very disappointed. But it seems I was the only one. Everyone who tried one thought they were good. And since they all disappeared from the plate, I am going to assume people weren't just being nice. ???? I don't know what it was about them, but I just wasn't a fan. Maybe I'll try them again and make some alterations with the recipe.



Tonight's dinner was a treat. Again, me being partially lazy, I'm not going to type up the recipe yet. Tonight we had Pork Medallions in an Orange Ginger Glaze. Served with stir fried vegetable medley. PS: Can it be a medley with just two vegetables? Actually there are three, but one was only in there for flavor, thank you jalapeno.

Anyway, the pork tenderloin medallions were marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, then tossed on the grill pan until charred and cooked to perfection. Make sure you reserve some of the marinade before adding the meat, so you can use it as a sauce for finishing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy!!!