Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ginger Plus Curry

I was shopping on a whim the other day at Safeway. I've been skeptically eyeing this tube o' ginger for some time. So I finally picked it up. Same way as I feel about the jarred garlic, it's a viable substitute for the real deal, when in a pinch, or when you're just looking for a little bit of ginger flava. Not a bad thing to have on hand.

I've been trying to be a little more frugal at the store...of course after I spend a few bucks on tubed ginger right? Well, in the sense of buying a few items that can be spread out over multiple dinners. So, tonight I used up some leftover bits in the fridge (chicken from lemon chicken, coconut milk from spicy coconut shrimp, etc.) and made Chicken Coconut Curry again. Always a favorite. But tonight something was different. Served with Rice, versus potatoes. YUM.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Just thought you'd appreciate that you are the third book mark on my new laptop :)

ScottE. said...

And what about first and second?