Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good dinner

We started with our favorite salad. Mixed greens with pear, cashews and dried cherries (preferred, but this was actually cranberries) and the Balsamic & Basil Vinaigrette Dressing from Ken's Steak House that we love and were introduced to by Sterf. Forgot the photo after the salad was dressed.


That was the first course. The main course were my perfect oven roasted potatoes. Use baby red or white potatoes, cut into quarters or eighths. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and fresh herbs; rosemary and thyme are my preferred flavors. Bake in a hot oven, about 400 for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and delicious. And tender. Flip about half way through cooking.


We also grilled, on the grill pan, a large hunk o' beef. This rib steak came from a butcher in Hagerstown, MD that we went to a few weeks ago. We picked up two giant rib steaks and four awesome pork chops. Two of which we've had already with my rosemary and shallot sauce. I seasoned these steaks with a blend of paprika, shallot powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, oregano, salt and pepper. Place on the hot grill pan and cook until done to your liking. I did this hunk until it was just over medium; J-lo prefers more done than I. Allow the beef to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This large piece of meat took about 25 minutes too cook until done.


Turns out I was too excited to have dinner, I didn't get a picture. Ooops.

1 comment:

Stef said...

I love that you still love that salad dressing! The time that I brought it to your place, I had picked it up at your old neighborhood market on Mass Ave. Ah, the olden days! :-)