Monday, May 14, 2007

Ina Ina Bo Bina Fe Fi Fo Fina...

Dinner last night was a quick version of Ina's Indonesian Ginger Chicken. I didn't know I was making this until right before I left work for home. I ran to the Giant quickly to get what I could...what a sad state that store is in on Monday's...note to self, don't shop on Monday's. The only chicken they had were jumbo packages of legs. I'll make it work. Got the rest of the ingredients and ran home to quickly make the marinade. I had enough time to let them soak for an hour. Having made this before where the chicken really could sit overnight, it makes all the difference in the world.

The nice part of the dinner was my first experimentation with Coconut Rice. I substituted half the water with coconut milk. Toss the whole mess into the rice maker and 25 minutes later, done! Tasty. But next time, I'm going for the full amount of coconut milk. Doing half water and half coconut milk was nice, but the coconut flavor was just barely there. Next time!

2 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

Such a sweet, juicy flavor. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I liked the coconut rice. I had two helpings. But I can't wait to try it with all coconut milk!