Monday, April 23, 2007

Well that was good

Surprisingly easy and super fast! Took the chops out, very little drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper, threw them on the HOT grill pan. Some Sylvia's BBQ Sauce, flip, sauce, flip, sauce, flip. The extra flipping, not necessary normally, but I wanted to try to get the sauce to carmelize a wee bit.


Since the grill pan was rip roaring hot, I took some asparagus, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and onto the grill. When it just finishes cooking, squeeze on some fresh lemon juice. Serve and enjoy. Little secret...I don't like vegetables...oh wait, you knew that. But this way of cooking the asparagus could probably get the most picky child to enjoy it. Yum lemon and grill! In total, dinner took maybe 10 minutes.

Last week I hit up Whole Foods and the Sommelatrix for some wine! I walked away with several bottles of vino and a four pack of sparklers! FUN. Everyone should have a can of sparkling wine with dinner.

2 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

Yum! Fast, easy, and rather healthy. Love it.

Stef said...

A can of sparkling wine? That sounds like a fun treat for these hot days. I bet I could get myself in trouble and drink MANY of those!