Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baked "ham" and potatoes

I wanted ham today...good ham...sadly Giant didn't have good ham, so I bought a Turkey "Ham" Loaf...not bad, but I'd have preferred the real deal. I threw it in the oven for awhile, made some carmelized onion marmalade for it and some potato 'hash' as a side.


The Potato Hash wasn't too bad. One large sweet potato cut into large cubes. Two small white potatoes cut into large cubes. Some olive oil in a large pan. Season with salt and pepper. Later add a teaspoon of cajun seasoning, hot sauce (to taste) and a TB of butter. Saute until tender. Oh, and about a teaspoon of dried oregano. Good. Filling. Make sure to use plenty of salt, taters need it.

2 comments:

Stef said...

That looks so good. My dad loves hardy food like that, and he almost always bakes a big ham for holidays. It's something I look forward to as a reason to go to Indiana!

ScottE. said...

I wanted to note about the sweet taters...the cajun seasoning was a great compliment to them. You still had the slight sweetness, paired nicely with warmth provided by the different chili selections in the seasoning and hot sauce. Nice.

I love real ham...didn't do one this spring like I normally do, I think this was my attempt to satisfy the urge...for a turkey 'ham' it was good...but it wasn't pork!