Sunday, October 08, 2006

About 20 minutes...

We're heading to brunch with "The Brunch Bunch" in just a short while. I didn't really know what to bring so I went with a favorite standby-Ginger Scones!

I just tried one to make sure they are acceptable for consumption by friends. Mmmmm!

I've worked through this recipe a few times that it now only takes me about 20 minutes from start to finish. I love that. A quick inventory of the supplies and I got started...flour, sugar, salt, soda, cream of tartar, ginger whizzed in the processor. Butter whizzed in. Ginger whizzed. Didn't have milk, so I went with cream. Flop out on the counter, form, cut, put on the baking sheet, brush with glaze, sprinkle sugar and bake! 12 minutes later, golden brown and delicious!

This batch was sooo much better than the last batch I made. I've decided that the recommended "12 scones" the recipe makes is a little off. They get too thin and don't look good. So I went with eight scones. Much better. They are large and tender; delicious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound so yummy. You do have a way with ginger. Those muffins you made were some of the best I'd ever tasted! :-)

Barbara said...

Those look great!

Brunette said...

OK, I'm totally going to make these for the folks at work. I've started bringing in breakfast for staff meetings, and this will be a great addition to the list.

And I'm not even a huge ginger fan. You've convinced me.

Dancer in DC said...

And honestly, the ginger melts a bit into the scone - it's not an aggressive flavor in these scones at all. It just adds a nice dose of warmth and sweetness.

These are divine with butter and jam!

ScottE. said...

Jason's right. The crystallized ginger does pretty much melt into the scone, so it's a very mild, subtlety sweeet ginger flavor-not the biting spiciness of fresh ginger.