Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weekend Roundup

Hello all,

Well, we're back from our weekend to Rehoboth and are well rested. I was so tempted to take a nap when we got back, but I didn't...so it's going to be an early night for me. But I wanted to give a quick update on our adventures.

1) Our B&B was really nice.
2) Food was alright. Lunch the second day was a Crabby Dick's where we had seafood. Dinner that night was at the Purple Parrot, where we ate way too much. We shared two bowls of onions rings and I had BBQ ribs that were awesome. I ate way to much of it.
3) We went to the beach after dinner that night...walked in the sand and touched the water, but no ocean swimming.
4) Shopping was great!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Here's a quick round up of the shopping:

I've been wanting these wine glasses for ages and finally saw them in real life, having only seen photos of them. These are the Riedel "O" Series glasses, the Chardonnay style. LOVE THEM. These are the nicest glasses we have now! I can't wait to get more, for the different wines and see if there really is a difference when it comes to serving. FYI: we only have the two. I have one more set of the Chardonnay style on my amazon wishlist....I'm not saying, I'm just saying!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

We went to this crazy little home and garden shop one our way to dinner on Saturday and I found a cute ornament and this bowl. The ornament is a turtle done up in Mardi Gras gear...he's going to work, since I'm a Terrapin now! Go Terps! But this bowl...it's just cute.


Of course we were on the Atlantic seaboard, so I had to buy Salt Water Taffy!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

On Saturday morning, we found this overly expensive little place with everything from skin care to clothing to home decor. I found this sign that I am excited to put over the door into the kitchen!

FYI: We think we've invented a new cocktail. I'm not saying anymore until we actually work a recipe out. If it works...new HOUSE DRINK! Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

DC Food Blog said...

LOOOOOVE the Purple Parrot. I have been known to mangle a few 70s disco tunes doing scaryoke. Crabby Dicks? Sounds like an STD

Lady Brandenburg said...

Thanks for the update - cute bowl!!!

Dancer in DC said...

Sadly the PP has moved, and they no longer do karaoke! :(

Stef said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love your shopping booty!

heh heh, I said booty. :-)