Friday, June 23, 2006

Crabby Patties

Last night I was in Annapolis having dinner with a conference from work. They were from all over the Atlantic coast--Florida to Massachusetts...so what better thing to do with them in Maryland, but to have crabs.

Actually our restaurant was Mike's Crab House in Riva, MD, across the water from Annapolis. It was good and didn't take much to get there...we did end up on the 'scenic route' there AND back! I would go again.


Although tasty...I prefer my crab to come in cake form.


One funny story...we were sitting there eating and we were covered in crab and BBQ and butter and all that sort of stuff...and on the table was this little bowl and we thought, great, a water bowl to wash our fingers....I started and someone else followed....oops...it was vinegar! Our fingers were clean, but damn did we stink.

BTW: did you know that the latin name for the Maryland Blue Crab translates into "beautiful swimmer that is savory." Just makes me giggle.

5 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

Mmm...crab...

Stef said...

I haven't had crab cakes in ages. Must do that soon. Yummy!

Lady Brandenburg said...

Love the crabby crab picture - he looks like if he had a middle finger, it would be up. Hee hee.

ScottE. said...

I felt so wastful eating the crab...because I can be picky when I eat, there was plenty of stuff on the inside of that beast that I tossed away. It was kind of fun crunching him up, but that was about it.

I love the piles of the old bay on his head.

Anonymous said...

Haven't been in the blogosphere for a couple months, but I see that I have some catchup reading to do! I love Mike's Crabhouse. There are several other places in the Annapolis area that serve just as good crabcakes! It's an area that has some of the best in the region. Your drunken noodles, BTW, look awesome too!