Friday, May 12, 2006

A quick stir fry


The other night we experimented a bit for dinner, with good results…some work still needs to happen to make it perfect, but in the meantime it was worth sharing.

I had probably ½ a pound of pork tenderloin leftover from the Peppercorn Medallion dinner and wasn’t really sure what to do with it. There wasn’t much in the fridge in terms of things to mix in with the pork to make a meal, but I did have some onions and some carrots, I figured a stir fry would be good!

Pork Stir Fry

I thinly sliced the chunks of pork, did a large dice on the onions and ran the carrots over the mini mandolin to get thin carrot rounds. I also minced some garlic and ginger.

For a sauce, I took some hoisin sauce, soy sauce, wee bit of rice wine vinegar and fish sauce and a quick splash of water. Whisked that together.

With a touch of vegetable oil in the pan, I tossed in the onion and sauted until it was all just soft and slightly browned, then the garlic and ginger went in for about 30 seconds until fragrant (and one tsp of red pepper flakes). I scootched this to the side and slide in the pork bits. Once those were partially cooked through I added the carrots and tossed to coat with little oil and let all this cook for about two minutes. I then added the sauce and stirred to coat. I added a touch more sauce than needed, so I let it simmer for about two or three minutes to slightly thicken.

Then we served with some jasmine rice. It was good. I think there was too much hoisin? That’s ok. We cleaned our plates!


So Fresh & Hot...try getting this delivered to your house!



And PS:

Joyous came over for a cooking lesson and an episode of LOST! We made the fresh fettucine with chicken, roasted peppers and pesto! It was amazing. Please consider making it and when you do, make your own pesto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to make this for BH one night (Pesto chix stuff), and it will definitely get me some action. Pesto is so easy and so good.

ScottE. said...

Easy like you Joy???