Sunday, March 19, 2006

So Awesome!!!!

I had today off, so I did what I do best, sat in front of the TV and watched Food Network for 95% of the day. As shows came on, I'd surf online to look at the recipes and save those I liked. One of the earliest recipes I liked the look of, a Sara Moulton recipe from Sara's Secrets.

Sara's plan was to get already prepared ingredients at the store, go home and prepare a quick dinner. I used that as a guideline...I actually prepared most of the stuff at home myself, that way I could fully control the quality of the ingredients. Ms. Moulton bought roasted red peppers. I roasted my own. She used prepared pesto from a jar, I whipped up my own. She bought a rotisserie chicken, I had a bunch of chicken in the freezer from a sale at Giant, so I poached my own. She used fresh fettucine, so did I! It's really simple and I highly recommend trying this recipe!

Here is Sara's recipe:

Fresh Fettuccine with Pulled Rotissiere Chicken, Pesto and Roasted Peppers

2/3 cup basil pesto
9-ounce package fresh fettuccine
1 TB olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups pulled cooked chicken meat
2 cups sliced roasted red bell peppers
1/2 cup pitted olives, halved lengthwise
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for the table

Put the pesto in a large bowl.

Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water. Whisk the pasta water into the pesto.

While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken, peppers, and olives and cook, stirring until hot, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the pasta and cheese to the pesto and toss to combine. Add the chicken mixture and combine. Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and serve immediately. Pass Parmesan at the table.


AGAIN, Blogger is acting up, so no pictures yet. Perhaps tomorrow?!!? Grrrrr.

~

3 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

This was sooooo good. As Chilefire noted, it was all about the fresh pesto, which made my extra trip to Safeway worth it for the fresh basil.

This was also a treat, because ScottE put some chopped olives in for me, even though he hates them.

Yummy!

ScottE. said...

The pesto was awesome! I wish I had measured my ingredients...but alas...it was handful of this, pour of that.



The dish last night was incredible. The leftovers for lunch...not as great. Good and I'm eating it all up...but not as great!

Lady Brandenburg said...

This came out well the other night... so thanks for another great recipe!

For my uncle's thing this week my mom wants me to make macaroni salad... hmmm... sounds boring - have any ideas or recipes for this that have a twist?