Thursday, March 23, 2006

Unhappy belly needed something 'safe.'

This afternoon for lunch I went to Potbelly's and had my sandwich and decided I had to have a strawberry shake. Oh it was soooo worth it. I was sooo happy with it!

All that said, I had to pay the piper with a bad belly ache. Damn lactose intolerance!!!

Dinner was going to be challenging. A challenge I think I won!!!

I had oatmeal. But not boring oatmeal. I tossed in dried tart cherries, sliced apples and cashews. Flavored with cinnamon and some fresh grated nutmeg. And a touch of brown sugar for some extra sweetness. It was some awesome oatmeal. I'm just saying!


**

3 comments:

DC Food Blog said...

OH MY GOD. You are lactose intolerant? J is lactose intolerant. I wonder if we all are ever in the same room together the universe will implode?

ScottE. said...

I certainly am! But that doesn't stop me from enjoying my favorites. I just have to remind myself that I'll be very unhappy later. Pills sometimes work and sometimes done. Just depends. The worse thing for me is milk, as in a glass of...and ice cream. I've given up drinking milk by the glass. but ice cream...not gonna do it. Other things get me as well, but not in the extreme sense. cheese is alright...if it's aged/firm. brie can be a problem. sour cream...naughty, but sooo good.

maybe we're alter-egos of each other???

Stef said...

If you 4 are ever in the same room together, just remember that I want to be there! I'll take the pictures. I wonder if something strange will happen and only 2 of you will come out on film -- or you'll strangely blend into the same images?

Oatmeal is a good safe meal, or plain spaghetti with some butter.