The folks at DC Food Blog have requested a response on their recent post, answering the following questions. Here they are!
7 things I want to make before I die:
1. Paella—no reason really, I just feel it would be challenging
2. Homemade Sausage
3. More veggies—I hear they are good for you
4. My own curry spice blend
5. Applesauce—J & T have made me jealous
6. Cheddar Cheese
7. Braised Firecracker Pork—one of the only dishes I’ve had at a restaurant and can’t figure out how to recreate, getting there though!
7 things I cannot do in the kitchen:
1. Carve a bird; turkey, chicken or otherwise
2. Sharpen knives
3. Quickly and properly chop an onion—that scar will last a long time
4. My rice never, ever comes out right!
5. Clams/Mussels/Oysters—not that I can’t, but I won’t.
6. Make a sublime cupcake—one that makes you cry with happiness & joy
7. Grow herbs in the kitchen—they always die when I have them indoors…outside, they are fine.
7 things that attract me to the kitchen:
1. The color Yellow, the day I get to design my own kitchen, it will be yellow!
2. Aromatic spices
3. My Kitchen-Aid, my child, my love, my precious
4. Freshly ground coffee
5. Pumpkin, it’s not just for pies! Must make Pumpkin Risotto SOON!
6. Cookie Jar—if I had one
7. Fresh Rosemary, Thyme & Ginger
7 things that I say most often in the kitchen:
1. It’s not ruined yet.
2. What’s for dinner?
3. I’ll only have one, thank you.
4. Mmm, it’s sooo good.
5. Taste this!
6. Why can’t I make rice properly?
7. Butter is good for you, right?
7 celebrity crushes in the food world:
1. Nigella Lawson—good one
2. Paula Deen
3. Alton Brown
4. Martha, yes Martha—can you imagine having access to that kitchen?
5. Julia Child
6. Betty Crocker—she’s held up well over the years!
7. Tyler Florence—but I don’t think that would be for the food
What am I missing?