Monday, October 18, 2010

Slowly but surely...

...Slowly but surely...I expect that life shall resume to something of an equalized state. I'm not promising a post a day, but I'll try more than once per month! It's embarrassing actually.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time when I actually "made" something for dinner. Not just something frozen. Granted, it was a Crock-pot meal, but it was something. I love a good pot roast/beef stew combo. I dropped the beef roast into the pot, dumped some red wine, beef stock and frozen pearl onion on top. Seasoned with various herbs & spices, covered and returned a few hours later to dump in some carrots and potatoes. Cover and return a few hours later. I scooped out all the goodies, strained the cooking liquid and made a quick gravy with it. Pulled the beef apart, dumped it in a bowl and poured on the gravy. Tasty!

Tonight...Bratwurst, sauerkraut and potatoes. I hope to be back tomorrow with another post!

No comments: