The past few weeks have been OUT OF CONTROL. I will probably get some semblance of a normal life back next week...if I'm lucky. In the meantime, we need to eat!
Last night I threw together a pot of Chili-mac. My home version of a Hamburger Helper meal. Ground beef, onion, plenty of spices, canned tomatoes, pasta and done. One pot. Dinner in about 25 minutes. Easy.
1) Brown ground beef, drain fat.
2) Add onion, cook for a few short minutes to soften.
3) Add spices (Chili seasoning, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, etc.) Use what you like.
4) Add a can of diced tomatoes and 2-3 handfuls of macaroni. You can add additional vegetables if you like. Corn. Bell peppers...other?
5) Stir to incorporate. Add 1 can of water--use the tomato can.
6) Cover and simmer until pasta is cooked.
7) Serve hot and garnish with cheese & sour cream if you like.