Monday, April 20, 2009

No Knife Tomato Sauce

Sometimes I am in no mood to cook. I don't want to pull out pans, I don't want to pull out and fresh onions, garlic or herbs, I don't want to chop anything. But yet I'm famished and need to make something for dinner.

I have a variety of ways to make my tomato sauce. This is one. It's all pantry goods. Canned tomatoes (diced and sauce), olive oil and herbs and spices. For about a dollar, I had tasty sauce for two large servings of sauce and pasta and one smaller serving leftover for a later lunch. The sauce was done before the pasta water even came to a boil.

Not bad for no desire to cook!

No Knife Sauce
1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1-2 TB olive oil
1 TB "Pasta Sprinkle"
1/2 tsp dried onion flake & dried garlic
Salt & Pepper

In a medium pot, bring the olive oil to a light simmer, add the diced tomatoes and sauce. Stir. Add the seasoning, salt and pepper. Taste & adjust. Simmer until your pasta is cooked.

No comments: