Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sweet & Sour

Last night's dinner was another hit on the Sweet & Sour line. I planned for this to be Sweet & Sour Chicken, but I was thwarted by Giant. They had no boneless/skinless chicken breast. That's fine. I can adapt and adapt I did. Move a few steps down the case and find some lovely boneless pork chops. Just a little trim of excess fat, cut the chops into cubes and move one with the recipe.

After the pork cooked, give some bell peppers a quick saute over high heat. Toss in some ginger and add the sauce made from vinegar, pineapple juice and ketchup. The recipe calls for white vinegar, which I didn't have so I used 1/2 cider vinegar and 1/2 rice wine vinegar. Worked very well.

After the sauce simmers for a minute, add the pork back to the sauce. Stir to coat everything and serve.

Sweet & Sour Pork. The difference between the chicken and the pork? The pork is a bit more chewy, but otherwise it's very much the same thing.

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

I was thankful that you didn't use white vinegar - I think this way it had better flavor.