More great thoughts on wine from Karen MacNeil:
Previous tips from the Page-A-Day calendar by Karen: One, Two, Three, FourNEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS, PART 1It’s the beginning of a new year! Let’s start the year with ten good resolutions that may just be some of the most fun and delicious things you do in 2008.
1. Experience different kinds of wine. There are more than 5,000 grape varieties: Why drink the same ones, week after week?
2. Begin a Wine Supper Club. Having friends over to cook and taste wine is a wonderful way to spend an evening.
3. Set aside a “wine discovery” budget. Each month, buy a new wine that you otherwise wouldn’t have experienced.
4. Upgrade your corkscrew. A good corkscrew makes opening wine a snap.
5. Buy better wineglasses. Wine tastes so much more vivid from the right glasses.