Friday, August 15, 2008

Plan B

Looks nice. Tasted good. But totally not what was planned for dinner.

When you plan to make lentils, make sure you have lentils. Silly Scott. I had planned to make the Warm French Lentil Salad for dinner and turns out I had less than a 1/4 cup of lentils. Not enough for a snack. So Plan B! I went with the Israeli Couscous. It worked, different, but it worked. I added some onions and carrots to bulk this up a bit and it was fine. I didn't cook the carrots long enough, they were nearly crunchy, other than that it was nice. The vinaigrette flavors complement nicely with the pasta and very nicely with the smoked sausage. The only real problem I had with the dish was the parsley for garnish. It was very tough and wasn't easy to eat...chew chew chew and it wouldn't go away. Oh well, my parsley plant is about dead anyway.

Now I need to order some lentils and more couscous to replace my stock.

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

This was light and filling, even if it's not what ScottE had hoped. The flavor was more like white wine, as opposed to the smoky/earthy taste of the lentil version.