Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Neighbors

Hilarious!


I can't say I'm surprised.

I brought a bucket of goodies out to the compost pile this morning and decided I needed to investigate the greenery growing in the middle of the pile. I thought one of two plants based on what I have tossed in the pile...turns out I was right.

Mr. and Mrs. Potato moved into my compost pile and were setting up a home. They seemed happy, but I took upon myself to move them into the more appropriate residential area for them in the garden. How great is that? I get potatoes without half the work.

We grew potatoes in the garden when I was a kid, so I know they are easy to grow. And who hasn't accidentally sprouted some potatoes in the pantry?! It's still a nice surprise to see them out in the dirt pile!

In other gardening news; we'll be eating our first tomato this week! One of the fruits are moving along the color scale to deep orange. We're very excited.

No comments: