Friday, May 09, 2008

Tres, Trois, Three

It has been a busy week, but I can't let today go by without saying Happy Third Birthday to my little baby blog!


I love my personal birthday. I've embraced the fact that I'm getting wiser each and every year. I'm embracing my little crows feet. And I'm really embracing the random gray hairs I'm getting! But I don't often use my birthday as a time for reflection and deep thoughts. I just want to have fun.

For this blog I'm very proud of how far it's come. How I've managed to keep going at it for three long years. Sure I've had some slow times, but I still push through. There have been prolific times as well! We started three years ago with a few recipes, a few challenges and few new ideas. Some of the ideas have come and gone. Some of the challenges persist. The recipes range a little more than they used to, from full step by step version to throw a little of this and do a little of that and you might get something good types. We've added pictures. Some great pictures and some that have been downright embarassing and totally unappetizing.

I think in the next few months you might see some changes. As I said recently, I've volunteered to be an educational resource for our local farmer's market and I will be utilizing Eat With Me quite a bit. I hope the biggest change you will see will include lots of locally grown foods and seasonal menu ideas. You might see more topical news stories linked in. Perhaps some tips on making the most of your $1 as our economy continues to tank!

And yes, this is my blog, but I want it to be a tool that you can use. If you have an idea or want to know more about something, or instructions are not clear, please contact me and I'll see what I can do. If my writing is crap, let me know. If your hips are getting wider from eating good food you've prepared from a recipe on this site; I can't really help you, or myself for that matter.

Thank you so much for sticking with me for the past three years and I hope to give you another great year!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Congrats on three years of wonderful blogging!

The Kara said...

ROCK ON!