Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grillin' again

We had guests last night and there was great weather...after the varying rain showers and humidity moved out! So..there was going to be grilling.

I have a lot to learn, but I think I might know what I'm doing. We had pork chops and asparagus. Both on the grill. The chops were salt and peppered and sprinkled with rosemary. The asparagus was seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon when it was done.

The downside last night...I started the grill, planning on giving it 30 minutes to reach maximum heat...but I waited too long and I think the heat was waning when I finally got to cooking dinner...the chops were thin cut (I do hate that my grocery stores don't sell thick cut chops) and cooked very quickly...but they lacked color...so we had pale grey chops with no color...so I had to keep the chops on the grill longer, past their needed time...but they got a little color.

So, the flavor was good, but the texture of the chops was way less than ideal. It's all a learning experience. And yes I was a bad tree hugger and used paper plates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What he is leaving out is that the chops were perfectly seasoned and the asparagus was divine. My mother's pork was always over done and I am afraid mine is also, so I thought it was fine.

Stef said...

Looks tasty! Chops are aways such a good dinner.