Thursday, February 07, 2008

Blueberry Ice Cream


Last night for dinner, we had this...again! Sooo tasty, but I made way too much last night.

And then for dessert I made us some Blueberry Ice Cream for J-lo's b-day treat.

Simmer 2 cups of blueberries (frozen or fresh) with 2/3 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of juice. If you can find blueberry juice, use that, or a blueberry blend, or apple, or cranberry, or orange...

Simmer for 10 minutes over medium/medium low heat until the berries have released their juice and flavor and the sugar has melted. Cool for an hour.

Add 2 cups of 1/2 & 1/2, stir and pour into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions. Enjoy!

Great flavor, smooth and creamy!

2 comments:

Stef said...

Well, considering I love all things blueberry, this post made me very jealous!!! :-)

Dancer in DC said...

I love blueberries and I love ice cream. I am so spoiled!