Saturday, January 05, 2008

Blended

I went to the gym...so I deserve to eat something this tasty and good for me!

This dinner was a blend. A spaghetti carbonara and a alfredo sauce...so it's CarbonFredo!??? Look at me...I'm Rachel Ray making up names!!! Sorry, I tease.

So to start, 1/2 pound of pasta cooked to al dente.

In sauce pan, cook up 3 slices of chopped bacon. When crispy, remove and saute one chicken breast that has been diced. Season with salt and pepper. If you have it, add a little dried rosemary. When cooked through, remove. Add about 1/2 cup of dry white wine and simmer until reduced and all the little bits from the pan have been scraped up. Add 1 tsp unsalted butter and 2/3 cup of heavy cream. Stir together and allow to reduce. Add 2/3 cup grated Parmigiana Reggiano. Stir. Add the chicken and bacon back to the pan. Add the pasta, stir to incorporate. Serve and garnish with a little extra bacon and cheese.

This is very tasty, rich and delicious. But, dang is it unhealthy! BUT!!! There is no egg, so it's more healthy!

1 comment:

Jack said...

I believe that correct name would be Alfrabonara. Sounds Delish! (Rachel Ray laughs). Seriously, so much time to work off those calories. Well, I am sure that you only had a very small portion, no larger than your fist.