Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What the? ....revealed

What was I making in my food processor?

A tender, flaky, buttery crust for my...


Chicken Pot Pie

Tender chicken morsels in a savory gravy with carrots and sweet potatoes.



Not bad. The crust was fun and pretty tasty. The filling was hot and savory; with a sweetness that may not have been the best compliment to the savory. The sweet potatoes and carrots brought their sugars to the party and pretty much took over.

I think the best thing to do is omit the sweet potatoes and substitute in a regular potato. And I need to make smaller versions in the future...these were pretty big pot pies.

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

Blogger ate my comment! Grrr...


Yes, too sweet. Would like it more savory. Love the crust.

Will make good leftover for me on Wednesday.